Not everyone can afford a high-end helmet, perhaps the most important piece of gear when riding dirt bikes. Some folks resort to whatever they can afford but we follow the old adage that says "Buy a $10 helmet if you have a $10 head."
We strongly urge riders to go big when it comes to a dirt bike helmet then let the rest of your equipment fall into place after that when budgeting. But if that $600 lid prevents you from riding then look no further than the new mid-range Alpinestars SM5 helmet.
You know Alpinestars doesn't skimp on anything. They lead the industry with their popular line of riding boots and their high-end Supertech line of helmets offer some of most advanced lids available. Now the Supertech gets a new offering in the SM5 helmet which offers all the latest in technology at a more affordable price.
Alpinestars SM5 Helmet
Alpinestars spent more than five years developing the SM5 helmet to incorporate a design that offers state-of-the-art protection and comfort. A lightweight helmet, the SM5 features a thermo-injected shell incorporating a special polymer blend enhanced by varying degrees of thickness engineered to deliver the optimal combination of impact protection. Additional features of the SM5 helmet include:
- Soft EPS foam prevents damage to collarbone in the event of a crash.
- Emergency release system and removable cheek pads.
- Hydration tube channels integrated into the helmet's cheek pads for convenience and performance.
- The inner and outer surfaces minimize the effects of oblique impacts.
- Multiple-density inner liner for enhanced impact absorption.
- Patented visor release system ensures visor releases upon the correct pre-determined amount of force.
- Visor design directs air into the ports for enhanced airflow.
- Medium helmet size weighs 1260 grams (ECE) / 1370 grams (DOT).
- Conforms to both DOT certification and ECE homologation.
The Alpinestars SM5 comes in gloss white or black matte in sizes XS to 2XL. Visit the Alpinestars SM5 page to review all the details and to order.